- This event has passed.
Mindful Living: a Six-Week Mindfulness Meditation Course
You are invited to Mindful Living: a Six-Week Mindfulness Meditation Course designed to help you meet life with more wisdom, care and presence.
Mindfulness helps us to navigate life’s challenges with greater buoyancy and ease. It can reduce distractibility in an age of increasing distractions. It offers gentle yet effective strategies for addressing a wide range of health conditions. Mindfulness also enhances our ability to experience connection, joy and kindness.
In this six-week course led by Ashley Dahl, MSW, CMT-P, we’ll take an experiential dive into the fundamental principles and practices of mindfulness meditation, exploring how they support well-being, compassionate awareness and embodied presence – wherever we are.
You will learn:
- Research-supported meditation practices that strengthen emotional and physical resiliency.
- Techniques to reduce stress and reactivity, promoting steadiness of mind and relaxation in body.
- Approaches to effectively release unhelpful thought patterns and conditioning.
- Skillful ways to work with a range of emotions and regulate moods.
- Tools to strengthen quality of attention, insight and creativity.
- Formal and informal methods for weaving mindfulness into daily life and relationships, including how to craft a personal meditation practice.
Mindful Living is designed for people new to mindfulness meditation as well as those who would like to refresh their practice. It’s also well suited for people seeking resources to compliment a therapeutic or medical treatment plan.
Registration & Schedule Details
Winter 2019 course begins January 23rd, group size limited. Class meets 6 consecutive Wednesday evenings (7-9pm) + Saturday, February 23rd for a daylong retreat* (9am-3pm.) Tuition is $385 and includes recordings of talks and meditations, weekly class summaries and a private mindfulness consultation.(Participants may also attend future Mindful Living daylong retreats, by donation.)
Location: 2710 N Interstate Ave, Portland (at Knott Street, above Beam and Anchor). Near yellow MAX line, parking available.
February 23 (Saturday daylong retreat*)
* Mindful Living daylong retreats are also open to past course participants, by donation.
About Ashley Dahl, MSW, CMT-P / Founder of OpenSpace Mindfulness
A champion of compassionate self-awareness, Ashley possesses a keen ability to infuse mindfulness into daily life and relationships. She brings humor and a presence of calm thoughtfulness as she blends the teachings of wisdom traditions and science with modern culture. Ashley earned her Masters in Social Work from the University of Washington. She has been practicing meditation in the vipassana (insight) tradition for over 15 years. Ashley is an accredited Mindfulness Teacher through the Mindfulness Training Institute and certified through International Mindfulness Teachers Association.
This course is based on the SIT curriculum developed by senior teachers Mark Coleman and Martin Aylward out of the Mindfulness Training Institute, and is a part of on-going research studies on the efficacy of mindfulness meditation.