- This event has passed.
Circling, a Psycho-Spiritual Social Meditation
January 14 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm PST$20 – $40
- Sacred Embodiment Community
9414 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98006 United States + Google Map
Join Laureli Shimayo for one longer Circle on Tuesday afternoon at Sacred Embodiment Community.
I love Circling because, for me, it is magic – it creates a context in which magic happens. Come discover what Circling is for you.
Circling is an AUTHENTIC RELATING activity. It’s about what is real and now. It’s about what you are feeling and experiencing in your bodily felt sense. It’s about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be scared, joyful, sad, etc. It’s about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being. Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich our human experience. The two most common AR activities are Transformational Games & Circling. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection & http://www.circlinginstitute.com/circling/what-is-circling/)
CIRCLING is a way for us to practice presence in relationship with others. It is a group experience that leaves space for individual emotional expression, reflection and sharing of impact – where we are encouraged to follow our impulses, speak our truths, and explore relating with one another authentically in the present moment. The practice of circling allows us to slow down, bring our attention to our own felt experience, and share our inner worlds with one another, noticing what happens within us and what arises within the group as we do so. The intention is to connect from a place of curiosity and to strive for clarity as we bring awareness to what is implicit and make it explicit. The goal is not to change one another, but instead to be with what is, celebrating and honoring who and where we all are right now. As we circle, we practice breaking through the assumptions and projections we may have about each other to allow for deeper connection and greater understanding to emerge.
** EVENT DETAILS **
– Tuesday Jan 14, 1:30-3:30pm
– Address: Sacred Embodiment Community, 1818 E Mercer St.
– Please arrive before 1:30pm to settle into the space so we can begin by 1:35pm. We lock the doors at about 1:45pm.
– We’ll go over agreements, introduce Circling and then do one Circle.
– We are an inclusive community. Experienced Circlers, newcomers to Authentic Relating, and adults and mature teens are welcome.
– Cost: Sliding scale $20-$40 to support our growing Authentic Seattle group. First timers checking us out are welcome to attend for $10. Cash, check or card accepted at the door. You are also welcome to pay ahead at www.PayPal.me/LaureliShimayo (please mention that it is for Circling and which date).
** WHO IS FACILITATING? **
The event will be facilitated by Laureli Shimayo. Laureli has been leading Authentic Relating events for 5 years with Authentic Portland and Authentic Seattle. To learn more about Laureli and her intuitive coaching practice, go to www.LaureliShimayo.com.
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other. We gather frequently for Games, Circling and socializing.
Search for more wellness retreats, workshops and spiritual events here.